> Iheartmydress: Who's Jeans?

"Fashion fades, style is eternal". Yves Saint Laurent

Wednesday 21 September 2011

Who's Jeans?



Some people are born with the travel and adventure gene, others just aren’t. 

Something interesting is that some people, who believe they belong to the later category, can change their minds with the right influence and as quick as can be. The important point to focus on at the moment is that YOU have the travel and adventure gene or you wouldn’t be reading this. So why not take the plunge and begin the sequence of events and planning to lead to the beginning of the rest of your life.




I’m not going to sugar coat the fact that making the decision to take that flight halfway across the world was the scariest thing I have ever done. No, actually getting on that ‘oh-so-scary’ flight that I booked was the most frightening, 'what the hell am I doing' moment of my life. But, as it turns out, it was also the most liberating. Imagine the feeling you get when you book that long weekend away on the sunshine coast or in Byron Bay that you completely and utterly deserve. Now- multiply that feeling...by 1000! That was me, mid takeoff from Brisbane airport at 1.50am on the 29th of January 2008!

And now here I am, 3 years, 7 months, 23 days, 17 hours, 59 minutes later, living a life of happiness in my brand new neighborhood of Islington, absolutely loving it! 

I've had moments when i can think of nothing better then being home, in Australia, with my family, eating Montezuma's and laughing. Those horrible waves of guilt for being so far away on special occasions, when you don't even realise what's wrong until your already crying. But, its those moments that make the time I do spend with my family so special, talking to them on the phone or Skype (if you don't have it, GET IT) and face to face when I have visited home and when they visit me. It sounds stupid to say out loud but I will never take them for granted for as long as I live. Living here, traveling, finding myself has taught me that. They really are the most important people in my life and it doesn't matter if I am over the other side of the globe, they know that, I know that. Its ....nice.

I was very lucky to have 2 close friends to book my flight with, and I suppose, in reverse, they were lucky to have my support too. Having someone there to say, ‘OK, we’ll do it!’ takes that edge off, not to mention, blocks out the little voice in your head saying ‘ is this such a good idea?’ Summer and Karley, great friends, even better 'travel buddies'. Both equally as scared, liberated and excited as me. Like I said though, I was shit scared! The two hours before I was heading to the airport I lay on the floor in my bedroom, bag packed to the brim, plane appropriate clothes on, crying my eyes out. I was surrounded by my best friends and family, and I felt this overwhelming dread of the unknown and like it was goodbye, not just see you soon. (very dramatic) I guess you could say that it had just hit me and I felt like my life was going to change forever. And undoubtedly it was- the thing I didn’t realize is how perfect and amazing the change would be, I could never have imagined. It’s the first step that is the hardest! I promise you that! So what are you waiting for! Search the net, talk to travel agents and buy the best value (shortest if possible) flight to the UK/Europe you can find. What is waiting for you over here is beyond your wildest dreams.

I will help you every step of the way... It makes me happy to help you experience living the dream. Ask me anything, anytime of day and I will endeavor to get back to you!

EVEN if all you need is someone to kick you and say, WHY AREN'T YOU HERE YET! Its not an alien planet! It's London.


See you soon!


Sandy 
xx

PS. Sass and Bide still rock my world when it comes to denim!! 3 pairs, 8 years and counting!

PPS. Its getting cold in london and my winter essential will be these....






No comments:

Post a Comment